Directors and Shareholders
Owner-managed businesses have great scope to adapt and succeed but the foundations for success need to be in place, which means resolving issues of ownership, control and employment status at an early stage.
We can help with those arrangements and put in place the director’s appointments, employment contracts or consultancy agreements and shareholder agreements which will resolve many of these issues.
We will also represent directors and shareholders of established businesses in revolving the complex disputes that can arise on the breakdown of relationships in jointly owned businesses, including:
- Shareholder Agreements and quasi-partnerships
- Minority shareholder rights and share valuations
- Access to business information and corporate governance
- Unfair Prejudice actions and s.459 of the Companies Act 1985
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)